Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with sum of a calculated dimension

Hi,

I have a straight table with several dimensions and expression. Three expressions are calculating monetary values and it is requested that totals for these are shown. Problem is, that when you click on a single sum from one of these expressions, all dimension values are selected, but not the value of the expression itself.

I then changed the three expressions to be calculated dimensions and this is working fine, I can now select a specific value by clicking. But, as these fields are now calculated dimensions, I cannot show a total number anymore.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

5 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Can you load your sample file or apps?

Not applicable
Author

That's a bit difficult, but I'll prepare one.

Not applicable
Author

Did you consider doing your calculations in the load script?

Not applicable
Author

Here's my sample app. That is the original version where TCVs and IYR are expressions and you cannot select a single value (e.g. if you select '4€' in the 'TCV gewichtet' field, it select all other fields from that line and shows only one row, I would expect to see both rows with '4€' values.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Anybody able to help?

Meanwhile I assume it is standard behavior, but it would be nice if someone could either confirm or guide me to an alternative solution.

Thanks.