Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Problem with the expression

Hello Everyone,

I am facing problem with the expression

SubStringCount(Concat(GetFieldSelections(WorkAreaName,';',9999)),'Mixed')  in this expression if I select All in workareaname field and then select Name for which Workareaname is deselected (Greyed out) but still showing true not sure about the problem.

Regards

Ferha

15 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Two points:

• SubStringCount(Concat(GetFieldSelections(WorkAreaName,';',9999)),'Mixed') - here concat() seems to be redundant, because the getfieldselections itself will generate a list/string of selected filed values
  • SubstringCount() would return TRUE/-1 if it finds a 'Mixed' anywhere in the resulttant string returned by inner function. That means, possibly there is 'Mixed' somewhere in your selection. Any doubt, request you to share a sample that demonstrates your issue.
ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I am not able to find the option to attach sample qvw

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Relpy->Use advanced editor(right top corner)->attach(right bottom  corner)

ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

In the sample if you see although W1 is not selected after selecting the date but still the text object is showing 1.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this in text box if you find anything Mixed in the output then it will return -1,

=GetFieldSelections(WorkAreaName,';',9999)

Regards,

Jagan.

ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

No , it is not working for all selections..

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Weird !

If you crear the selection from Work field and reselct it; issue goes. But somewhere, something is wrong; something is getting triggered. But no trigger is found nor a macro in your doc. I would contact support for their perusal - perhaps a bug.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Clear the selections and again do the selections in this order.

First select Date and then select Work.

The issue is previously you selected all the Work values on top of that you selected Date, that is why you are getting one.

Regards,

Jagan.

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Yes. There is one value selected. But in current selections show 3 values.

Capture111.JPG