Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problems with Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise?

Hi,

I installed a Qlikview Server (11.20) on a server with Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise but I have some problems.

First of all, reloading data in qvw is very very slow: it takes 2 x time with respect to my PC (same data, same qvw) even if on server RAM is bigger and there much more CPUs.

Futhermore, even if there are not active processes RAM is always partially busy.

Do you know if there are any problems with Qlikview Server 11.2 and the Enterprise version of Windows Server 2008 R2?

Thanks!

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Find out what else your Windows Server 2008 R2 is doing. The OS itself will probably use a lot more resources then your desktop OS. And if that server is also running additional applications, like a database server or an exchange server, then those processes will also use resources Qlikview can't use. And it's also possible that your desktop machine simply has a faster cpu. Even if the server has more of them they might not all be needed to reload your qlikview document and so will take longer. Or the disks on the server are lots slower. Or the connection to the source data is slower. Could be lots of things.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you.

No, server is not running other applications and all the qvws just load excel/text file, without connection to databases.

I saw that Qvs.exe process uses up to 32 GB even if there aren't users on access point, there aren't active tasks.. and this situation persists untill I stop and restart all QV services.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, that's normal. QVS will grab as much RAM as it can within the working set limits. See this discussion: RAM usage high

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you,

I'm going to verify the RPM of the hardware....

In your opinion, which are the correct working sets? 70% -90% as default? Can I change them to improve RAM usage?