Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QLIKVIEW 9 and MAC compatability

Hi,

Can someone please inform what the compatability of Qlikview and MAC is for all QV products?

Thanks,

Sjoerd

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Sjoerd,

As a Mac user, I'd be happy to answer this!

QlikView 9.0 Desktop - QlikView's desktop client is Windows-based, so it will not run natively in OSX; I am running Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 Virtual Machines, and it works flawlessly on there.

IE Plugin - Same as above, an as IE is deprecated for Mac, the plugin does not work with old versions of IE/Mac.

AJAX - Suggested delivery method; I access QlikView documents by using the AJAX Zero-footprint client using Safari, Firefox, and Opera

Java Plug-in - same as above, no difficulty in accessing from Mac-based browsers.

I hope this answers your question!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Sjoerd,

As a Mac user, I'd be happy to answer this!

QlikView 9.0 Desktop - QlikView's desktop client is Windows-based, so it will not run natively in OSX; I am running Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 Virtual Machines, and it works flawlessly on there.

IE Plugin - Same as above, an as IE is deprecated for Mac, the plugin does not work with old versions of IE/Mac.

AJAX - Suggested delivery method; I access QlikView documents by using the AJAX Zero-footprint client using Safari, Firefox, and Opera

Java Plug-in - same as above, no difficulty in accessing from Mac-based browsers.

I hope this answers your question!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Hi, How can I access my QLIKVIEW application other than IE browser like mozilla firefox, safari, opera.... Right now I'm using QLIKVIEW 8.5. I'm trying for this since last two days, but haven't get much help from the community.

Regards,

Kishore Kumar.

Not applicable
Author

Jason,

Have you ever experienced issues trying to import data behind an object to excel? If so, is that something that resolved by using the virtual machine or plug-ins?

Not applicable
Author

Hi, can you please provide a step-by-step beginner's how to access the latest version of a QlickView dashboard on AJAC or Java plug-in please?

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am running Qlikview 10 in a VM Ware fusion XP 64 machine. It all works great. How can I create a PDF from there, since the VM will not access the PDF facilities of the MAC OSX?