Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMC Reload Corrupts Data Issue

Hi, I have a very weird data reload issue happening at the moment!

I am trying to read a SQL table containing a list of items, with the primary key from the table being Item No, which is alphanumeric. Simple.

When I reload the extractor .qvw file manually from the app everything is fine. All the item records are read into the qvd file with no issue.

When the reload is automated from the QlikView Management Console it confuses itself. Bear with me it's hard to explain!

When the reload is automated, the Item No. 6700526E61 is read as 6700526D61, so it replaces the 'E' with a 'D'!! (aaaargh!). Hence the item table has two 6700526D61 entries and no 6700526E61 entries. These is possible due to the fact that the qvd uses a timestamp field as the unique key.

This seems to only happen to item that contain the letter 'E' at the end of the item, for example some other item numbers affected include 7662560260E0, 6921160090E0 & 6925060010E0.

Furthermore, if I extract just the Item No. from the record instead if doing a SELECT ALL, it works fine! (aaaargh!)

If anyone can provide any insight to this insanity it would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Looking further into it, the release 11.2 SR5 has fixed the issue for anyone who suffers through this as well:

Mixed Values with values like 1E4 are mismatched