Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QMC Reload vs Qlikview Desktop Reload

Can someone help me with the functions which identities the reload between QMC and Qlikview Dektop?

the requirement is i have to use two different databases  respectively for QMC and Qlikview Desktop reloads.

Thanks

Hari

13 Replies
marcus_sommer

It's not really clear what do you want to do ..."solution where unknown users and unknown servers" .... and why? Are there really so many users/servers that they couldn't be maintained manually or read from somewhere?

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes, there are thousands of them. it's clear, that i need some function which identifies QMC engine and Desktop Engine with out any dependencies. so that desktop reload always fetch data from no production db, and QMC always fetches data from production db.

marcus_sommer

Really thousands of users which should reload data from a database within the desktop client? Beside engine and OS how do you want to control which user could pull and see which data?

If there is only to differ if qmc respectively production db or not the suggestion from Peter would fit perfectly - you could also embed this logic within an error-handling with ERRORMODE and MUST_INCLUDE or extending it on this to some further checks.

Beside them there are probably some further (security) measures on the database- or network-side possible how is allowed to access and who not.

- Marcus

atoz1158
Creator II
Creator II

Hi

If the QMC has been set-up to use a Service User style account to do the reloads then you could use the following to get the user name and check if it is the service user and therefore a QMC reload any other user name name return would then be a desktop reload.

IF OSUser() = 'Service User Name'

use OMC settings

else

use desktop settings

end if