Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMC Trigger Configuration

I am trying to run a task every 5 minutes until it successfully runs.  Essentially it's like an EDX trigger, where I have a QVW that checks the database for a specific flag, and fails if the flag isn't found.  I've been trying several different permutations.  Below is my most recent, but it seem to stop after the first.  Essentially, I want it to continue running until it runs successfully.

Trigger.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your suggestions Massimo.  The last one was something I hadn't thought of before; however, we are using a shared server infrastructure and we would end up hogging a qvb engine the entire time which wouldn't work.  What we ended up agreeing to was to run an atomic task once every hour to check if the flag was there. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

remove check on max number of executions

Not applicable
Author

When I do this, the task continues running after a successful completion.  Is it possible to stop it from running after it runs successfully?

maxgro
MVP
MVP

you can try to start the task at 19:45 only

then in the load script use a loop

- sleep (5 minutes)  function

- check for database flag

when you find the flag on db, exit succesful

or exit not succesful at 21:00

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your suggestions Massimo.  The last one was something I hadn't thought of before; however, we are using a shared server infrastructure and we would end up hogging a qvb engine the entire time which wouldn't work.  What we ended up agreeing to was to run an atomic task once every hour to check if the flag was there.