Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spalmisano
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

QMS API methods (for reload) vs QMS - Active Directory URL not working

QlikView server 11.2 SR17

Through the QMS, with the default Active Directory (AD) URL, I can find users, assign CALS, and reload a document that has section access.  (both my username and the service account have same permissions) However when I use the QMSAPI methods (IQMS) to reload the same document, the default AD URL is not specific enough.  Through trial and error, I usually manage to figure out what the QMSAPI needs for a reload but I don't know why there is a difference.

QMS AD URL - ldap://apn.local

QMSAPI needs - ldap://apn.local:389/dc=apn,dc=local 

Anyone else see this and know how to easily find out what AD URL the QMSAPI needs??

ldap_string_issue.jpg

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only thing I can offer here is based upon past conversations with some of the engineers, I would expect this particular API is using Windows API calls in the background, so you may want to search Windows APIs to see if you can find some info there that may do the trick.  Sorry I do not have anything better here, but hopefully this may pan out.  I would have tried to do some searching, but as I have stated in other posts, I am not much of a developer, especially at this level, but hopefully this may help you move it forward.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.