Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV 10 Desktop Won't Lease a License

I have installed QV 10 SR1 Server & Publisher. I have applied the licenses and have no issues with this. When I try to open Desktop on the Server, I can't get it to lease a license from the server. I have gone into the settings and made sure Locations are pointed to correct URL's. I tried entering different license keys. When I enter the keys, the error message "CheckSum is Invalid!" displays and won't let me continue.

Any ideas on how to get Desktop to lease a license or accept the license key?

Thanks,

Aline

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hmm..I never noticed you could define the default License Lease Server in User Preferences. I cleared my license and entered in a server that doesn't exist, but it still leased me a license from the correct server. Strange.

Anyway, I usually activate the license leasing by going to File->Open in Server... where I define the server and sometimes go as far as opening up a document on that server although it appears that opening the document on the server is unnecessary. Once QlikView knows the direction of the server and checks that license leasing is possible, it will grab a license.

I've only seen this fail when you try to use the same user to lease licenses on 5 machines.

Regards.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hmm..I never noticed you could define the default License Lease Server in User Preferences. I cleared my license and entered in a server that doesn't exist, but it still leased me a license from the correct server. Strange.

Anyway, I usually activate the license leasing by going to File->Open in Server... where I define the server and sometimes go as far as opening up a document on that server although it appears that opening the document on the server is unnecessary. Once QlikView knows the direction of the server and checks that license leasing is possible, it will grab a license.

I've only seen this fail when you try to use the same user to lease licenses on 5 machines.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

I tried that earlier before I restarted the windows server, and it didn't work. It is working now, though.

Thanks,

Aline

Not applicable
Author

Just to clarify what you are experiencing:

Your local QlikView will try to update the leased license against all servers that previously gave out a valid leased license to you. If you enter a specific QlikView Server for leased licenses in "Locations" it will always try to update your leased license to that server primarily, but if it fails, it will continue to try update the license against previous servers, until it successfully gets a leased license. This update process is executed automatically in the background every time you start QlikView Desktop/Developer.