Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV 10 Multithreading

Hi *,

I've just started with QV 10 and read about the new feature of multithreading during load. But I think I didn't understand this feature right.
Is there a document that describes the new feature in detail? Maybe one of you guys can help me.

What in fact was optimized with QV 10,
are all the select or the load statements in the script processed in several threads?

Thanks for your help

Kind regards

Elzo

3 Replies
Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Elzo

The feature takes each load statement in sequence (the entire script is not run in parallel). Operations of transformation, calculation that can be executed in parallel within a load statement, are spread over the available threads. Certain operations within a load statement such as inter-record functions, prevent the particular load statement from being executed across more than 1 thread.

There is no requirement to upgrade or modify your script to see how V10 performance compares against V9.

Hope that this helps

Regards

JohnT

Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

so operations within a Load / Select are executed parallel, the (several)loads/selects are processed in sequence, right?

does this parallel execution also work if I do my calculations in a sql statement combined with a load * from?

Thanks

Regards

Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Yes the load and select statements are executed in the sequence that they are written. The calculation part of the statement will be executed in parallel if it has no preceding reference. The actual fetch of data will be bound by the ODBC or OLEDB connection