Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Email and Gmail SMTP

Hi All,

Anyone know how to configure the mail settings for using gmail smtp? I configure the mail server settings in User Preference -> Mail. I tried all the authentication method, but it doesn't work (no SSL or TLS option in the authentication method). This is for sending an Alert email.

35 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You would do it here.

6.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

But, this locale use for the alert error in tasks, no?

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

I put email in field Email in QVW, in LOAD IN LINE, example:

Data1:

LOAD * INLINE [

Region, Email

South, user1@email.com

East, user2@email.com

West, user3@email.com

];

If somebody help with this, use this and send email for what people you need.

Regards.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

There is a word document I posted above that shows step by step.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Correctly, but i don´t know where using the account emails.

I discovery, the account emails to send, is account where you put in load inline.

Regards.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, or you can pull them in from a field in a table or Excel.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

Nice.

Thanks a lot!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

I saw your post and modified config file like below to send alert mail using gmail account.

<add key="UseSSLForSMTP" value="true"/>

Test mail was sent out successfully at QMC, but alert mail was not sent out when reload failed.

Below is the log for alert mail.

0486055 Information           Task Execute Duration=00:00:00.2502352

0486055 Information           Sending Alert mail

2841418 Warning  Failed to send mail to test@xxx.com

Any suggestion?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ayano,

Did you manage to resolve this issue? I am struggling with the same challenge - using Gmail, test email sends out ok, but when a task fails this doesn't happen and I can also see the "Failed to send mail to..." line in the task log.

Many thanks,

Aleksandar

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Just in case someone else faces the same challenge. We resolved this issue. We also needed to change the Distribution Service configuration - file “QVDistributionService.exe.config” in C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service. The change was the same as for the Management Service config above.

The QlikView Server version in this case is 11.2 SR12.

Aleksandar