Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.
I have been breaking my head on an exclusion done in a set expression. In my example this is my expression that I use:
The desired result would be the oldest unfinished task for a particular set of workers. However what the exclusion statement should achieve, is that it ignores certain tasks for certain customers.
Now attached you will notice that when starting from 1 table, the expression works perfect. However as in my real app, where I stumbled upon this problem, when there are several tables involved - QV will behave differently.
Any ideas on why this is? And more importantly, is there a way to fix this?
I would expect the same output as for the app where everything is contained in 1 table.
For example CAB has 2 open tasks 'cook'. One of these is for a customer that is in the exclusion on 17/01/2018, the other is created on 28/02/2018. In my first app the last formula correctly calculates that the oldest open task is 28/02/2018. In the second app I made a second 'Workers' table where I assigned the name Alberto to 'CAB'. Here the formula gives me the overall minimum date.
Second part you are excluding also have a condition on Customer... but for this specific row, Customer is null... so that is why I think it is not getting excluded....
Correct, and what you show here is coming out of the app where everything is in 1 table. It is exactly what I want, the row where there is no customer should be included, so it calculates the date.
The other row contains a customer that should be excluded, so here the minimum will not be visualized, because the set is empty. However on total level it does again give 28/02/2018.
Well suppose we would change the expression from minimum to a count and split the 2 blocks of set expression:
If we would do that the results would be:
-1 first row
-0 second row
-1 on total
In our second row QV can not calculate a minimum because there are no records that comply to the set expression. Maybe visualize is bad terminology that I used, it just would give me a NULL value.