Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Extensions

Morning all,

I can't for the life of me figure out where QV saves the extension files when it downloads them. I've added a couple to one of my applications and it works, until another user tries to open the app...it then falls over.

The extensions also aren't showing up in the document settings under the extensions tab...any help is greatly appreciated.

2 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

There are two types of extensions:

1) Document : Are installed into c:\Users\[youruser]\appdata\local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Document. They´re activated into your Document Settings

2) Objects : Are installed into c:\Users\[youruser]\appdata\local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects. They´re used as an usual object (graph or list box)

make sure you have installed extension on the below paths.

Windows 7:

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Document

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Local Settings\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects

C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Local Settings\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Document

Windows Server 2008:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Document

Windows Server 2003:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Document

For more details on how to configure look at the below post.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/28140

Regard's

ASHFAQ

adarsh_a
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Samuel,

After installing extensions,they will be stored in this path "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions" [Windows 7]. If another user logged onto the same system,the path will get changed.He needs to have same extensions installed for your application's extensions to work.