Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Logic - How To?

Hi, I'm trying to achieve the following but unsure how to do it on Qlikview:

I have a forecast table that has 2 months forward forecast for each product and forecast_cycle month in date form. These data are to be read at month level although the dates are stored in mm/dd/yyyy form.

I have another sales table that has data at day level, whenever there are sales for a particular product, it will be registered in this table.

I need to compare the Actual Sales for each month against the forecasted amount during the previous month Forecast_Cycle_Date, by product.

i.e. Actual Sales in May compared against Forecast_Qnty_L for Forecast_Month May during Forecast_Cycle_Date of April.

Actual Sales in Apr compared against Forecast_Qnty_L for Forecast_Month Apr during Forecast_Cycle_Date of March.

I realize that I need to link up both Forecast & Sales tables but not too sure which dates in Forecast table should be linked to Sales_Date in Sales, and how to do so?

Also, how do I realize the following logic into Qlikview?

Actual Sales in May compared against Forecast_Qnty_L for Forecast_Month May during Forecast_Cycle_Date of April.

Actual Sales in Apr compared against Forecast_Qnty_L for Forecast_Month Apr during Forecast_Cycle_Date of March.

Hoping to get some help as I just started playing around with Qlikview for a week as I'm evaluating if Qlikview is a suitable BI tool for my organization.

Thanks you.

QlikComm.png

0 Replies