Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
terezagr
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

QV.exe stopped interacting with Windows

Hi,

We have been presented on our server with this error for QV.exe application.

The program Qv.exe version 11.20.12664.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

What does this mean? Do I assume correctly that the application was frozen and somebody performed force close?

All help is greatly appreciated.

T.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Programs can be terminated either by Windows itself (DEP and such) or by the end-user (if you click on the close button while the script engine is performing a large JOIN, you will be presented with an "AbortRetryIgnore"-style dialog). When you choose "Close program", then the latter will generate and EventLog entry like the one you posted.

In my case (simulating a Cartesian JOIN and closing the application) I get an error message with Id 1002 and source = Application Hang. The text corresponds to your posted message (albeit in a different language), so I would assume that it was a developer that killed the QV Desktop.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
terezagr
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Any takers?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Where did you get this message from?

terezagr
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

This was entered into the Windows Application Log for QV.exe application.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Programs can be terminated either by Windows itself (DEP and such) or by the end-user (if you click on the close button while the script engine is performing a large JOIN, you will be presented with an "AbortRetryIgnore"-style dialog). When you choose "Close program", then the latter will generate and EventLog entry like the one you posted.

In my case (simulating a Cartesian JOIN and closing the application) I get an error message with Id 1002 and source = Application Hang. The text corresponds to your posted message (albeit in a different language), so I would assume that it was a developer that killed the QV Desktop.

terezagr
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Brilliant! Thank you Peter! I thought this was the case, but wanted to make sure that there is nothing wrong with our server.

T.