Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewerma
Contributor
Contributor

QV: limit set identifier to one field

Dear Qlik-Community,

I've got a question regarding the set analysis.

I want to show the order value of the past 12 months in a bubble chart. But apart from the date (or FY) I want to be able to select any other field from my data (e.g. category, buyer, customer, profit center, etc.). That's where my problem comes in.

My expression:

=count({1<Date={">=$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(Date),-11))) <$(=MonthEnd(Max(Date)))"}>}distinct(Order.ID))

The set identifier 1 causes my selections which are unrelated to the Date being ignored in the chart. But if I replace the 1 by $ the and select the current FY the chart only shows values for the months of the current FY. I totally understand why this happens but I can't figure out how to tell the set analysis to limit the identifier 1 to the Date field only so that I always see 12 months and in addition the further selections made.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Patric

2 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

You can do that by naming  the fields in set anlaysis for which you want to disregard selections, like this -

=count({1<CurrentFY,Date={">=$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(Date),-11))) <$(=MonthEnd(Max(Date)))"}>}distinct(Order.ID))

Use exact name of field you want to disregard selections in place of CurrentFY in above expression.

qlikviewerma
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Digvijay,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I accidently posted my question twice and it has already been answered. In addition to adding the field I want to disregard as you suggested, I also had to change the identifier from 1 to $.

Set Analysis: limit identifier to one field

Kind regards

Patric