Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV10 BUG: Expression dialog does not work

Hi,

Opening 'Expression Overview' dialog, wether through the menubar or through Ctrl+Alt+E keyboard shortcut, causes QV to halt. Following, UI does not react to mouse gestures and the only way to close the program, is using keyboard shortcuts.

I'm using QV10.00.88.11.6 SR1 64-bit Edition on top Win7 SR1 x64.

Does anybody else experiencing the same behavior?

Dror

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Even I am facing the same issue.

I am using QV 10.00.8815.0409 SR1 64-bit with Windows Server 2003 R2 Ent x64 SP2.

Thanks & Regards

Not applicable
Author

This is a problem even in SR3. The dialogue appears to be getting stuck behind the application window.

If you have not saved your work it is also possible to recover the situation using Windows Task Manager: go to the Applications tab and 'End Task' on the stuck QV app. This seems to force the lost dialogue to close, and if the model has unsaved changes it will prompt you to save. Then you can decide to 'Cancel' and get back to your work.

Brian

tanelry
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Yes, Settings > Expression overview freezes occasionally.

There is no clear steps to reproduce. This seems to happen after having modified QV document for some time. This does not happen on a freshly opened document.

My workaround when freezed: press Ctrl+E (unfreezes and opens script window); save and close QV completely; open QV doc and try Expression overview again.

kji
Employee
Employee

I believe there is an issue with expression overview if you have removed an object, and as stated above saving and reopening the document should fix it.

tanelry
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Quickly tested this and indeed, as soon as any chart is deleted the expression overview is freezing.

So, I assume this bug documented by QlikTech already?