cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

QV10 Documents cannot be opend in QV11

Im currently upgrading a customer from QV10 SR3 to 11.20 SR7. The problem is that some of the applications simly wont open in QV11.

Most of the documents open fine but a few of them (Load) simply wont open. Wne i try, i get an error message directly that says: "The document xxx faild to load". This happen in every relase of QV 11 (Including 11.0 IR). But it works in Qv 10 SR6.

there are no Section access in any of the applications and all of them have GUI in them.

I have also tried opening with the "/nodata" option. But it seems to be related to the GUI so it still fails.

Any suggestions would eb greatly appritiated.

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

It seems that there is a incompatibility anywhere ... Try to save these apps with /nodata in qv 10 and then openning in qv 11 (make BACKUPS before ! - you could loose some variables/expressions). If this worked you could try to localize it further but it could be the easier way to create these apps new - the most things you could simply copy/paste.

- Marcus

gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you for your replay. I did what you suggested, but still no go. I then tried to remove EVERY object in the GUI. Same issue. I then removed ALL the sheets. Still same issue... Im a bit lost.

Is there a way to completly copy all the sheets and objeckts and just save them in a new file in an easy manner?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I see few instabilities with SR7.

If its working fine with SR6 you can move to that untill SR8 is launched.

At this point its better to contact support.

Regards

ASHFAQ

gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Inte not working.

Its working in every version of QV10, but no version of QV 11 or QV 11.20

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Check if this utility helps you.

If not then you must contact support.

Regards

ASHFAQ

marcus_sommer

Sheets couldn't be copied but with ctrl+A & ctrl+C and then ctrl+V it's quite easy. Unfortunately you couldn't so easily copy variables, actions, groups and so on - if you used many of them it could be worth to read and write these per macro - there are postings about it here in the community.

Recently I had a maybe similar case. An app worked within the fat-client and but not in access point (failed to open) and after a longer search and rebuild a new app which also failed I discovered the reason as a variable-expression for a dimension-group ... therefore I think that there is still anything in your app.

- Marcus

gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks for the suggestion. I removed all macro code and all varibles aswell. Still the same issue. I just dont get it...