Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVD Connector or Reader

Hi,

We can extract the data into Qlikview from Multple sources like Tables, Excel,SAP etc.....

same as I want to read QVD files from Oracle , SQL or any other Data bases.

I want give QVD as a source and to insert as a table in Data base or any other ..

Is there any connector is available.

Please help me.

6 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

I haven't heard about that.

There is a simple plain csv/txt export which is natively readable in most cases.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanx for your reponse !

I have 20 Lacs data  for downloading from qlikview its taking 1 Hr time through macro.

Please suggest .

Not applicable
Author

You need to write your own connector for QVD. QlikView SDK + .NET

Not applicable
Author

shelvinpatel
Contributor III
Contributor III

You can execute store procedure using SQL EXEC and SQL CALL statement to write data back by looping through each row of the resident table which is being built from QVD file.  I have tested EXEC for SQL Server and CALL for Oracle database successfully although looping is pretty slow compared to loading QVD.

There are also QVD/QVX file reader tools but haven't seen any of them pushing data back to database though.  Search market.qlik.com, I am sure that you will find something useful.

Thanks, Shelvin

Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

QlikView is Business Discovery tool one of its main pillars is to visualize information (as you know).

In order to read QVD's and write in databases, have you taken a look at QlikView Expressor?

http://www.qlik.com/us/explore/products/expressor