Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vitaliichupryna
Creator III
Creator III

QVD Snapshots

Hi, 

I'm working on the daily DB shapshots, for this I use qvd files. I want have incremental reload, in my qvd table I should have following structure:

Key, Measure1, Measure2, … MeasureN, SnapshotDate.

As table in DB is pretty big, I need store data into qvd only when  DB row is updated.

instead of:

Key, Measure1, Measure2 , SnapshotDate

1, 10, 50, 12/1/2018

1, 10, 50, 12/2/2018

1, 10, 50, 12/3/2018

1, 11, 55, 12/4/2018

I need have:

Key, Measure1, Measure2 , SnapshotDate

1, 10, 50, 12/1/2018

1, 11, 55, 12/4/2018

Main problem for me is that table in DB doesn't contain Modified Date, so I see only one way to reach my goal is to create generic key with all fields in table and than compare Key from DB and from qvd file 

Please let me know if you have better solutions.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you don't have a Modified Date in your database then you have no alternative then to always get all the records from the database every time you reload your document. In other words you can't do an incremental load. You can of course store only the records you're interested in into the qvd using the procedure you outlined.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you don't have a Modified Date in your database then you have no alternative then to always get all the records from the database every time you reload your document. In other words you can't do an incremental load. You can of course store only the records you're interested in into the qvd using the procedure you outlined.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand