Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trappersw
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QVSystemmonitor - Timestamp in the future in eventlog qlikview

I have timestamps in the future, does anyone know how this happens?

Thanks!

9 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

I think I may have the same problem as you, however looking at your post it's quite old now...were you ever able to resolve this?

Thanks,

A

trappersw
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello Amy,

No I didn't get any respons to this thread. I still don't know how these future timestamps come about. Should you figure it out, please let me know 🙂

Best regards,

Wouter

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi Wouter,

See the link below:

http://community.qlik.com/message/230213#230213

Thanks,

AS

trappersw
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello Amit,

I'm not sure how this helps solve my question. The point is, it is impossible that an event that occured has a timestamp of a future point in time - since if it already happened, it is always in the past. Or are you suggesting timetravellers are working with my dashboards from the future - which would be really cool!

Best regards,

Wouter

Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

Probably a dumb answer but, have you checked the date format of your Server?.

If the date format you are expecting is something like DD/MM/YYYY and the date format of the QlikView Server (in Windows) is set to MM/DD/YYYY the 11th of January will look as 01/11/2014 instead of 11/01/2014 which would explaing the time travel of your users.

May that be the case?.

trappersw
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I checked it, but this does not seem the case. Thanks for the suggestion.

Not applicable

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the suggestion - I checked and the server is using UK date format so this doesn't seem to be causing the issue.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Any timezone difference between the machines?

Regards,

Jagan.

trappersw
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Jagan,

No in my case all machines are in the same timezone. It's only the logs of one server that are loaded into the dashboard.

Bye,

Wouter