Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnjustus
Contributor III
Contributor III

QVW Log Issue

Hi,

Hopefully some one can answer.

I have an QVW and whenever I run the reload task of the QVW from QEMC it generates the usual log file in the QVW location.

Since few days, the logs are not getting updated whenever I run the reload task.

I am not able to delete the log file and it complains that The action can't be completed because the file is open in another program.

As far as I checked ,I am sure that the file is not opened by any other program.

What could be the issue? Any insights to this will be helpful.

Thanks

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check if this option Generate Logfile Checked or not in Document Properties General tab

2.PNG

johnjustus
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

That setting is already checked.

As I mentioned, there is an log file with an older time stamp and now when I run the reload task, my reload task runs successfully but the log file is not updated.

I tried deleting the log file to see if my reload task can generate an new one but it complains that the action can't be completed because the file is open in another program.

As far as I checked ,I am sure that the file is not opened by any other program.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

balabhaskarqlik

Might be this was the reason for not generating the log file

In Settings - Document Properties - Security --> "Admin Override Security" should be checked.

Normally we uncheck this for others not to configure the QVW file.

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Hi John,

I happened to come across this issue in the past, Check you have anitvirus software in your machine. if it is turned on, you need to set exclusions of all file types of LOG, QVW, QVD, META, PGO.

Because, the antivirus software opens and scans all the files. Parallely if the qlikview try to open or save, then this exception error may be encountered.

You may try this and check if it works.

Regards,

Siva

johnjustus
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Recently we applied exclusions.

But if that is the case none of it should work in that folder,correct?

I have few other QVW's in that folder and reload task can successfully update the log and even I try to delete the log, I am able to delete.

This is very bizzare.