Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

.QVW file size?

How large can a .QVW file go? Is it possible to have 1GB of .QVW file? What will be its footprint on server?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

It looks like our largest QVW is 400 MB, but plenty of people deal with MUCH more data than we do. In RAM for a single user, that particular file appears to take 1.2 GB. A second user will increase that number, but not double it. I'm not sure what the rule of thumb is. I don't know how safe it is to extrapolate from a single example, but if we can, your 1 GB file would take about 3 GB of RAM on the server for the first user. I haven't heard about any limits on file size or in memory size other than what your computer can physically handle.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

It looks like our largest QVW is 400 MB, but plenty of people deal with MUCH more data than we do. In RAM for a single user, that particular file appears to take 1.2 GB. A second user will increase that number, but not double it. I'm not sure what the rule of thumb is. I don't know how safe it is to extrapolate from a single example, but if we can, your 1 GB file would take about 3 GB of RAM on the server for the first user. I haven't heard about any limits on file size or in memory size other than what your computer can physically handle.

Not applicable
Author

Thank You John.

Not applicable
Author

nims1983 wrote:
Thank You John. <div></div>

So, If there are 100 users accessing the same file at or around same time, the server can still handle the .QVW of 1GB right? server has 16 GB of RAM, Windows server 2003

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'm not sure. I've seen a rule of thumb somewhere, but I don't remember what it was. With a hundred users at the same time, though, I'm not sure I'd count on that server being beefy enough. Hopefully someone with more experience regarding server requirements can step in with some better information.

Assuming you still can, I'd mark my previous answer as NOT your answer, because otherwise people may skip over this thread thinking your question has been answered.