Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

QVW not getting replaced in source document

Hi

I am facing a strange issue and have no idea why it's happening and how. Let me explain and please let me know anyone has faced this issue before.

I have a file in source document lets say abc.qvw which i modified in my desktop (some cosmetic changes and deletion of few columns). Now when i am trying to replace the old app with the new one(with same name). I have tried copy and replace, deleted the original file and replaced wit the old one but all in vain . Not that my file is  not getting replaced or any error i am encountering, even when i reload my file using QMC i can see my changes in access point but when i double click and open it in qlikview , it shows no change . It shows there is no change has been made and reflects the old lay out. When i copy my old file in any other folder it shows the changes just not in the source document.

I hope i described my issue well here. Anyone has faced similar problem ? I tried searching but could not get any references I would appreciate you valuable comments.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Delete prj folder doesnt cause any issues what I know. This is just a folder holding all Objects and layout in the qvw document. So if you create a New prj, all Your edited object will be in there.

You could also create a New prj on Your desktop where you have edit Your qvw, then copy this prj folder to Source document and rename the old prj as a backup if something goes wrong here.

The best way should have been if you modified the qvw inside the Source document from the beginning.

To work With prj folders is not really my kind of area.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

One thing is to be sure that no task in QMC is using the Source document while you edit Your qvw.

If you edit a qvw during task reload, the edit wont get replaced.

Another one is if you have the qvw in 2 Source document path´s.

But its very strange that you can see changes at AccessPoint.

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks for the reply Stefan. Indeed it is strange. I am puling my hairs now.

1: No task is using the document

2: I don't think i have same qvw in two source document paths but still will check and confirm.

Learning never stops.
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Do you use Project folders for Your qvw?

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II
Author

not sure i follow you ..

Learning never stops.
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

ok, then I sure you dont use prj- folders.

prj-folder is a way to use Version controll, all Objects and Things in a qvw is saved in a folder.

Have a look here if you want to add knowledge into Your "Developer toolbox"

-Prj Folder in QlikView

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II
Author

rwunderlichpcammaert‌ any idea?

Learning never stops.
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Stefan. There is a folder with -prj suffix. I am really new to this which i am working or now. so really have no idea what's going on . But We are not using prj folder for the qvw.

Learning never stops.
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

ok, this can be the problem. If you have copy the original qvw from Source document folder, than edit/change the qvw in another Place, lets say Developer server or on Your own desktop. If you then move/copy the edited qvw back to Source document folder the New edited Object/columns is not in that prj-folder. So I'll think you have to delete the prj-folder and create it again, so all New changes will be reflected in that prj-folder.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Check whether you have two User Document copies in different locations. One of them might not get published to you and it might be that you only see the wrong one. Also check the date underneath the thumbnail. Is it getting updated when you distribute your document?