Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

QVW not getting replaced in source document

Hi

I am facing a strange issue and have no idea why it's happening and how. Let me explain and please let me know anyone has faced this issue before.

I have a file in source document lets say abc.qvw which i modified in my desktop (some cosmetic changes and deletion of few columns). Now when i am trying to replace the old app with the new one(with same name). I have tried copy and replace, deleted the original file and replaced wit the old one but all in vain . Not that my file is  not getting replaced or any error i am encountering, even when i reload my file using QMC i can see my changes in access point but when i double click and open it in qlikview , it shows no change . It shows there is no change has been made and reflects the old lay out. When i copy my old file in any other folder it shows the changes just not in the source document.

I hope i described my issue well here. Anyone has faced similar problem ? I tried searching but could not get any references I would appreciate you valuable comments.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
17 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II
Author

Thank you for the reply Staffan. Before trying this out can you please confirm deleting the prj folder won't create any issue?

Learning never stops.
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II
Author

Yes Peter it is getting updated. Everything is working when i replace and reload on server point and even when it gets reloaded on schedule. Problem is i can't see the changes in the document when opened in the QV DESKTOP.

Learning never stops.
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Delete prj folder doesnt cause any issues what I know. This is just a folder holding all Objects and layout in the qvw document. So if you create a New prj, all Your edited object will be in there.

You could also create a New prj on Your desktop where you have edit Your qvw, then copy this prj folder to Source document and rename the old prj as a backup if something goes wrong here.

The best way should have been if you modified the qvw inside the Source document from the beginning.

To work With prj folders is not really my kind of area.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sorry if I misread your post, but ... you're not dropping your new version in the User folder and then performing a QMC reload on this document, are you?

"...Problem is i can't see the changes in the document when opened in the QV DESKTOP...."

You are opening your User document QVW file in QV Desktop, correct? Or are you using QV Desktop as an AccessPoint client (using Open in Server...)?

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

By searching in the community, i'll think you find out how you manage prj folder. I have never ever used this in my server environment, never find out why this should be used.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

If you open the qvw by double click on the file in Source document, prj folder will in some way create the qvw reflected of whats inside this folder. You says that if a move the qvw to another Place it will show all New Object, yes, then you have no prj folder there, thats why.

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II
Author

Renaming the -Prj folder did work for me. Will surely look into the details of it. Thank you Staffan. you are a champion.

Learning never stops.
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II
Author

Thank you Peter. The prj folder was the issue it seems.

Learning never stops.