cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III

QVW opens too slow!

I had a Document that worked good. but after i added a new Report, it takes really long time to open. It opens really slow from Accesspoint and too with Qlikview desktop.

Anybody has any idea how can i find the problem and solve it?

Best regards

Peyman

12 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

try optimize your application using optimization techniques

use keep in place of join

combined the table if paoosible .it will reduce traverse time

use mapping load

Remove synthetic Key and Circular loops if any

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also make sure you do not have any large tables open. When you open a .qvw file without any selections made,

any chart, table or other expression fully expanded ("open") will be calculated. That means all the expressions in the table will be calculated, so if the table contains a lot of data this might take some time especially if you have calculated dimensions or set analysis (amongst other things). If this is the case then minimize the objects or use calculated conditions for example do not show data until at least a certain period is selected or whatever you can base selection on in your application.

azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Sunil and niromo,

you are right and all of this points are very important in performance. But my problem is that the Data Model is the same and i didn't change any thing in it or on interface (a new chart or maximizing a closed chart), but Document opens 5 time slower after i added a report to QVW.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a check question, but are there any triggers in place for the document "on open"?

I would also check if the .qvw reloads faster if I remove the report, make a copy first

azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

my QVW is in customer site. But as i can remember there is no trigger on open. I will check it tomorow.

It's a good idea and i want to check the QVW without report tomorow.

Ofcurse my problem is not the reload, the opening time of documet is my problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean open

Not applicable

Hi,

if the charts all are minimized stage while opening the document then document will open fastly compare than before.

Regards,
Kabilan K.

psankepalli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello Peyman,

Have you got any solution for your situation. I am facing the same problem to my QVW. its taking more time to open the document. Please Help!

Thanks

San

psankepalli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello Payman,

I had the same problem in the past, I tried to optimize it, & did all the performace tuning and everything, but no luck. Then I had a backup qvw file before I add few tabs and one tab. I took that backup file and recreated the same tasks again. now its working fine. some time because of the memory issue or correpted charts Document will be opening very slow or opens very slow at access point. I would suggest you try to recreate the same chart on backup qvw file if you have any. This resolved my issue.

Hope this will help you!

Thanks

SP