Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samvile18
Creator III
Creator III

QVW's on the Access Point

Afternoon everyone,

I have a question regarding the Access Point that I'm hoping someone can help with:

I have two applications that reload live data every 15 minutes, I need to know if the QVW's on the Access Point will also refresh following the completion of the schedule. Will they refresh even if a user has them open?

Any help is appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

Will they refresh even if a user has them open? Yes

Also there is a flag in the management console (system --> setup --> servers--> Documents) to configure......  (from online help, mgmt console)

Allow Only One Copy of Document in Memory

If there are changes to a document, for example, a reload or a layout change, the QVS can be configured to do either of the following options.

• Force an immediate update of the document for the user during the session, that is, allowing only oneversion of a document. This will conserve memory resources on the QVS.
  • Await a new session, then update the document for the user. This may cause several copies of different versions of the document, residing in memory at the same time.

To allow only one version of the document in memory, tick this check box. To allow several versions of the document in memory, untick this check box.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

Will they refresh even if a user has them open? Yes

Also there is a flag in the management console (system --> setup --> servers--> Documents) to configure......  (from online help, mgmt console)

Allow Only One Copy of Document in Memory

If there are changes to a document, for example, a reload or a layout change, the QVS can be configured to do either of the following options.

• Force an immediate update of the document for the user during the session, that is, allowing only oneversion of a document. This will conserve memory resources on the QVS.
  • Await a new session, then update the document for the user. This may cause several copies of different versions of the document, residing in memory at the same time.

To allow only one version of the document in memory, tick this check box. To allow several versions of the document in memory, untick this check box.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sam

If you have task a to reload a qvw, then it will reload [refresh] the qvw unless an error occurs and then that will make the task itself fail.

If a user has the qvw open via Access Point it will still refresh the qvw.  The user's screen display of the qvw will refresh the next time the user interacts with or refreshes it via their web browser.

Best Regards,     Bill

samvile18
Creator III
Creator III
Author

That's brilliant, thanks for your help guys.