cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristy_wedel
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Custom Connector Issue - Not in drop-down

I'm trying to set up a test custom connector, QvEventLogConnectorElaborate, using the guide and sample at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/12.0/Subsystems/QVXSDKAPI/Content/QvEventLogConnector... I am able to run the connector directly with the exe, but I do not see it in the Database Connectors drop-down.

QlikViewConnectors.JPG

I am currently using QlikView 12. I also checked Qlik Sense, and I don't see it there either.

QlikSenseConnectors.JPG

I was confused about the installing your connector portion and I'm not sure if I may have made a mistake there. I didn't see a web folder and tried copying a web folder and it's files from another connector that was already installed. The directions were: If you are installing the connector in QlikView, you also need to copy the folder:

<Solution Path>\QvEventLogConnector\bin\Release\web

I also copied the files in these directories:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Custom Data, C:\Program Files\Common Files, C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\

Has anyone else attempted this that could let me know if they know of anything that I may have missed to cause this?

1 Reply
sam_grounds
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Kristy,

In case anyone comes across the same issue, I found a solution by searching for a known connector "QvsAdminDataProvider.dll". It was located in C:\Program Files\QlikView. Simply put your custom connector files in there along with whatever files already exist and they'll appear in your drop down. It doesn't seem that there is a separate location for 32 bit and 64 bit connectors just put them all there.

Sam