Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView 11 EDX using digital certificates

Hello,

Our server is configured to use digital certificates, so QMS API is accessible only through https.

How can I launch an EDX trigger in this setup? I am getting SSL or 403 errors.

Is it possible to generate a certificate as it is done for a service residing on another host but for a host without any services that will just launch EDX triggers?

Regards,

Krzysztof

5 Replies
clr
Employee
Employee

Seems this article solve the problem, hope it help.

Regards

ilyas393
Creator
Creator

Hi @clr Can you share the article if you still have it? I know it was 10 years ago 🙂

lopdesaq34
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

In a setup with QMS API accessible only via HTTPS with digital certificates, launch an EDX trigger by obtaining the necessary SSL certificates and configuring your application accordingly. Address SSL errors and handle 403 errors with appropriate permissions. For a host without services, generate a self-signed SSL certificate using tools like OpenSSL. Note that self-signed certificates may not be trusted in production, so for secure production use, obtain valid SSL certificates from a trusted CA. Follow security best practices for reliable communication.

ilyas393
Creator
Creator

Hi @lopdesaq34 thanks for your response. I don't think I am following your suggestion.

so we did take the certificates from qlikview server and imported into the server (alteryx server), and then tried to trigger the task from the alteryx server, and it didnt work.

ilyas393
Creator
Creator

Hi @lopdesaq34 , I have posted my query on a new thread with all the details. Here is the link - EDX Triggers using Alteryx and QlikView's Digital ... - Qlik Community - 2103693

I appreciate any pointers to get my issue fixed. thank you