Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amitray
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikView 12 Certification QV12DA

Dear All,

I am planning for QV12DA certification. I have qlik experience of more than six years. I have confidence about my technical ability. Recently while preparing for the exam, I went through the free sample certification test under qlik's continuous classroom. I failed. That is when my confidence about ability and knowledge got struck. I don't want to fail the actual exam and lose US$ 300. In the sample test I found that I fail mainly because of the questions that have multiple possible answers; those questions have very ambiguous options

I request kind suggestions, experience sharing - that could probably help people like me in preparation.  

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Karen_Origlio
Employee
Employee

Amitray - THANK YOU for mentioning me in your Qlik Community post, so I could reply to your message.  I apologize that I have not been able to check for messages recently, because we are working on an exciting NEW, FREE certification to be announced during our Qonnections conference which is the week of May 13, 2019.

About certification: I want YOU and everybody to pass the Qlik Certification Exams - but in order for the certification to maintain its value and integrity, we need to play by the rules. This community of Qlik product enthusiasts should NOT share details about what's on the exam, which violates the Qlik Certification Examination Access and Use Agreement (attached and is required to be accepted before registering for an exam).

What we can discuss here is INFORMATION about what to expect and how to prepare for your exam. That is all public knowledge and can be shared by this community. Here is some info that may help:

#1. Qlik Certification Exams are *expert-level* exams, designed for Qlik Partners who sell, implement, develop, administer and maintain Qlik products in enterprise environments.

#2. The materials in Qlik Continuous Classroom are the beginning of your learning journey with Qlik. Any quizzes in the course and the fundamental-level qualification exams DO NOT go through the same rigorous (and expensive) development process as the legally-defensible certification exams for which candidates pay $250 USD each.

#3. Training is the beginning of your learning journey, but it may not give you enough skills and knowledge to pass the certification exams. Hands-on experience and active use of Qlik Sense Enterprise in a production environment are highly recommended.

#4. The Qlik Certification web pages contain ALL the information you need to prepare for your exam, including Prerequisites, Recommended Preparation Resources, and Exam Domain Areas. Exam Domain Areas are the TOPICS used to write the exam questions and should be used as a study guide

(The Certification web pages are being redesigned now, so I'm not adding a link here.)

Please email certification@qlik.com if you have more questions.

Thanks and regards,

Karen Origlio
Sr. Certification Program Manager @ Qlik

View solution in original post

6 Replies
amitray
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Could anybody please help by sharing experience or suggestions?
amitray
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It seems that there would not be many who have taken the qv12 certification exam. Still, I would wait in hope that - few of 'the few' would share their experience.
amitray
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

People are probably refraining from replying to this post, because of warning/rebuke from @Karen_Origlio  here :QlikView-12-Certifications-Now-Available. It seems to be a forbidden topic here. I am not sure if it is a legitimate question, still ask @Karen_Origlio if I can get information of approx percentage of such multi-option questions in QV12DA. 

Thanks

Karen_Origlio
Employee
Employee

Amitray - THANK YOU for mentioning me in your Qlik Community post, so I could reply to your message.  I apologize that I have not been able to check for messages recently, because we are working on an exciting NEW, FREE certification to be announced during our Qonnections conference which is the week of May 13, 2019.

About certification: I want YOU and everybody to pass the Qlik Certification Exams - but in order for the certification to maintain its value and integrity, we need to play by the rules. This community of Qlik product enthusiasts should NOT share details about what's on the exam, which violates the Qlik Certification Examination Access and Use Agreement (attached and is required to be accepted before registering for an exam).

What we can discuss here is INFORMATION about what to expect and how to prepare for your exam. That is all public knowledge and can be shared by this community. Here is some info that may help:

#1. Qlik Certification Exams are *expert-level* exams, designed for Qlik Partners who sell, implement, develop, administer and maintain Qlik products in enterprise environments.

#2. The materials in Qlik Continuous Classroom are the beginning of your learning journey with Qlik. Any quizzes in the course and the fundamental-level qualification exams DO NOT go through the same rigorous (and expensive) development process as the legally-defensible certification exams for which candidates pay $250 USD each.

#3. Training is the beginning of your learning journey, but it may not give you enough skills and knowledge to pass the certification exams. Hands-on experience and active use of Qlik Sense Enterprise in a production environment are highly recommended.

#4. The Qlik Certification web pages contain ALL the information you need to prepare for your exam, including Prerequisites, Recommended Preparation Resources, and Exam Domain Areas. Exam Domain Areas are the TOPICS used to write the exam questions and should be used as a study guide

(The Certification web pages are being redesigned now, so I'm not adding a link here.)

Please email certification@qlik.com if you have more questions.

Thanks and regards,

Karen Origlio
Sr. Certification Program Manager @ Qlik

amitray
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Karen, Thank you very much for taking time out and reply. Your detailed explanation has given me a clearer view. EXAM DOMAIN is something I have to focus on, I realized. Also would eagerly wait for the 'exciting NEW, FREE certification' to be announced.

Thanks, once again.

amitray
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Karen_Origlio ,

Qonnection is over now. I see a free certification information here: Data Literacy Certification  That's great. Is this the one you were referring?

Thanks.