Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suepenick
Creator
Creator

QlikView 12 Client won't print reports

we installed the QV12 client in preparation for the update to 12

Every time we try to print a report from (file open in server) it gives a server communications loss, closing document due to QV error. then the program completely closes.  In the developer I can print...but cannot print to PDF.

Is there a patch or fix for this as we absolutely need to print our reports when we need them all day long for production from our qvw's.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tonyiantorno
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Sue,

If you are using QV 11.2 32 bit Server and QlikView Desktop 12(64 Bit) this may cause issues.

I would upgrade your QV 11.2 to SR 17 64 bit.

Let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks,

Tony

View solution in original post

6 Replies
suepenick
Creator
Creator
Author

it is Qlikview November 2017 SR2 client

tonyiantorno
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Sue,

If you are using QV 11.2 32 bit Server and QlikView Desktop 12(64 Bit) this may cause issues.

I would upgrade your QV 11.2 to SR 17 64 bit.

Let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks,

Tony

suepenick
Creator
Creator
Author

we will try to update to service release 17 asap

suepenick
Creator
Creator
Author

after extensive testing... these are the results

the reports seem to print out of the QVW's now (except the labels)  we haven't figured that out yet.

We had to update our ODBC Driver (to 13 for SQL Server) since just one of our databases wouldn't connect any more with the Microsoft SQL driver we had defined in the connection.  The others still work...  it may be a server OS version service level or something...it took awhile to figure out it was the driver. We could refresh by hand but the trigger from the console would not run...it failed.  So before we go to QV12 I plan to go into every data loader and qvw and replace the connections so we can eliminate that as a problem.

11.2 SR 17 also took out some of the display bugginess I was experiencing using my 2 - 34" curved monitors & windows 10.  That made a big difference...it did not, however solve the micro sized tool bar icons.  I only know I am using the right one because I've been using Qlikview for 4 years. I can't see what any of the icons look like at all.  Truly needs to be fixed...I'm hoping that happens when we go to version 12.  They need to develop the tool bars/icons on a Windows 10 High Resolution system so we will be able to see whats on the icons and use them properly.

So next step after all the version 12 clients are reinstalled (except for the label printing people) will be to update to version Qlik12.  Not excited about all the problems this will cause...but I have to say - all you guys are so much help. as you share your problems and solutions..it helps so much!  Thank you all

suepenick
Creator
Creator
Author

Well updating to the latest service level version of 11.2 really didn't help with printing.

when you File Open in Server - the printing causes a connection error and the QV program shuts down

this does not happen if you have developer rights.

still looking for a solution

tonyiantorno
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Sue,

You won't be able to Print Reports in a QVW when connecting to it via File open in a QV 11.2 Server with a QV 12.x Desktop client.

You could test this on a QV 12 Test Server (if you have a Test Server License) or ask your Qlik Partner to test it in their environment, if they have QV Server 12.x with a QV 12.x Desktop Client.

Thanks,

Tony