Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView 12 on top of QlikView 11.2 SR 13

We are using QlikView 11.2 SR13 (Clustered environment) and planning to install QlikView 12 patch on top of that.

Please let me know the impact for this activity.

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please help...

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Suman,

What do you mean by "patch?" Are you referring to a QlikView 12 installation executable or an actual patch received from Qlik R&D?

An upgrade should be extensively planned, with adequate testing performed prior to executing the upgrade. You'll want to ensure that all of your current QlikTech directories are properly backed up, along with QVW documents, etc. See the online help https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/Subsystems/Server/Content/QlikView%20Server/QVSRM_Install_... for further information.

Please note that any modifications made to the QlikView .ini files will be reset to default when the upgrade is performed, so if modifications were made, be sure to note the changes.

- Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your mail and the information is really helpful.

I will take QVPR folder and QVW back up before the upgrade 11.2 SR13 to 12. Can I execute Version 12 installer top of 11.2 SR 13? Is it possible? I will do the impact analysis however it would be great if anyone share their experience.

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I've done this upgrade on two clients (one having clustered environment and the other on a single machine)

it all went smoothly with no impacts

All I did was backup QVPR folder (just in case something went wrong; but nothing went wrong)

stop QlikView services

run the setup file (it will uninstall previous version)

restart server machines and BINGO

I can walk on water when it freezes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We have clustered environment. Your suggestion will help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Apologize  ...read as me...instead of you...

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

on all nodes of the cluster the version of QlikView should be the same

so you need to update all services on all Nodes of the cluster and on all machines (in case you have distributed installation)

the process is very simple stop QlikView services on all nodes then run the setup on every node (install the required services) and restart the node

on the main machine just take a copy of the QVPR folder (as precaution)

then everything should run smoothly

I've applied this on several clients of ours and one of them had a clustered environment and distributed installation schema (he got 3 server machines BI, BI1, And BI2 on BI we have the management service, on BI1 and BI2 we have both qlikview service and web service)

so no worries go on it is a straight forward process

I can walk on water when it freezes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks..It will help me a lot.