cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView 9 Set Analysis

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is a bug in QlikView 9 in set analysis? I am trying to create a chart that should show current sales year-to-date depending on which month I select. I.e. if I choose may-18, the chart should show the sales year-to-date until may-18.

I am using the following expression:

(sum({$<MonthID = {"<=$(=Max(MonthID))"},[COG Year] = {$(=Max([COG Year]))}>} [COG Max per Month]))*sum({$<MonthID = {"<=$(=Max(MonthID))"},[COG Year] = {$(=Max([COG Year]))}>} SalesQuantityCU)/Scale

It works when I select a year, but when I select a month, the chart only shows the sales for the selected month.

Does anybody have any idea of how to solve this?

Thanks for your help!

/Helena

Labels (2)
3 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You are still on qlikview 9? Wow.
I checked the one of the set analysis (replacing with my own columns ) and it works correctly.
Did you test the document on a later version desktop?
try splitting the the 2 set analysis into separate text objects as well
Another possibility is adding single quotes to year set analysis {'$(=Max([COG Year]))'}
good luck
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

QlikView 9 is no longer supported, but I think the problem is in your expression.  If you allow the user to select a month, you will have to ignore that selection.  Like:

[COG Month]=

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answers!

Yes, it was an error in my expression. I had an if-statement (that I had deleted in my example) in the set-analysis and that caused the problem. (And I know that it would be a great idea to upgrade from QlikView 9...)

/Helena