Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonysree88
Creator II
Creator II

QlikView App development

Hi Team, 

In my project, recently admin people already had been installed the April 2019 SR1 and tested the apps in SIT environment

But while am testing one of the app there it's showing the date field in numbers but the date is coming correct in dB and before version upgrade. 

Please help us 

2. Do we need to install Qlikview desktop seperatly.

If not how will know the Qlikview desktop is also upgraded after install the Qlikview sever April 2019 SR1. 

•  

Regards, 

Sonysree

IMG_20191205_225022.jpg

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I cannot do that, you will need to use the download site via the customer/partner portal to get the installer package.

You can also try via the following link: https://qlikid.qlik.com/portal/download?_ga=2.111615300.1372910902.1576497984-1643229452.1560172143  This will require you to use your Community login to get full access to all the downloads.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, QlikView Desktop is NOT part of the QlikView Server installation, you will need to install the Desktop Client separately.  You can get the installer from the download site in the Customer Portal.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
sonysree88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi ,

Kindly provide the exact link to download the Qlikview desktop to install it as per the server april 2019 release

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I cannot do that, you will need to use the download site via the customer/partner portal to get the installer package.

You can also try via the following link: https://qlikid.qlik.com/portal/download?_ga=2.111615300.1372910902.1576497984-1643229452.1560172143  This will require you to use your Community login to get full access to all the downloads.

Regards,
Brett

sonysree88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for your quick response. 

Before going to install desktop v12. 4. 

Do we need to take backup if yes please let us know what need to be taken. Source documents and user documents enough or anything else.

Do we need to install n printing server  sepearately.. If yes can you provide N printing latest version  which is related 12.4.qv 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I cannot think of any reason to do any backups related to the Desktop Client installation, but that is ultimately up to you guys to decide.  One thing of which you may not be aware as well, when you do install the Desktop Client, that also installs the IE Plugin client, both 32 and 64bit versions, there is no need to run that installation separately...  You can exclude it if you do a custom install option on the Desktop Client.

If you have NPrinting questions, I would post those in the NPrinting forum area, the only things I can tell you there is it should be running on its own server under its own unique service account separate from the QlikView environment.  You will find the installers in the same place you got the Desktop Client, just use the list boxes to get to it, and again, if you have more questions, I would do a new post in the Nprinting forum area.

Regards,
Brett