Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Commenting with Dynamic Update (no extension needed)

I created an example for commenting in QlikView. It uses Dynamic Update and Macro. I successfully tested it in QlikView Client AND on QlikView Server.

04-02-2014 10-40-31.png

Downside:

• not supported in AJAX (b/c macro is used)
  • users might have to be in QlikView Administrator Group to use Dynamic Update

I also came up with an example using InputFields, but that is not as good as this one.

Feel free to post improvement ideas.

16 Replies
qliknerd
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nice work Matthias, I have been asked for a while how to get this implemented on our site! It took me a while to figure out that I needed to check the option "Enable Dynamic Update" under server settings in doc properties, but once done I was able to build a test application.

Have you experienced any issues with multiple users trying to update at the same time?

Regards

Ian

gshockxcc
Creator
Creator

Matthias,

I love it.  Thanks for your post.  This is enormously helpful.  Thanks so much.     

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Matthias

This is a great example of a much needed feature.  I would like to use in my app but I know very little about macros/VBscript.  Any chance you could provide a technical brief on your macro for those who dont know much on how to implement one?  Would be much appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Matthias,

Thank you for putting this out there.  I have tested your file and it works locally but when I run on the server with Publisher I get no popup to enter in a value.  I have tested in both IE with the IE Plungin and Chrome.

I have given system access to the macros in the application and set the proper server macro setting.

We are running server 11.2.

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

hi darrin, see my post and screenshots in this thread https://community.qlik.com/thread/45050

make sure that dynamic update is activated on the server! Hope this helps. Kind regards Matthias

Not applicable
Author

oh. By the way, macros won't work on ajax, if you're trying this...

Downside:

not supported in AJAX (b/c macro is used)

users might have to be in QlikView Administrator Group to use Dynamic Update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ah well that kills this whole process then as we need to do exactly what this does from AccessPoint.

I thought I read that macros are possible from the server.

Thank you for getting back to me.