Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kushal_Chawda

QlikView Desktop November 2017 SR5 Installation error on Windows 10

Hi Team,

When I try to install QlikView Desktop November 2017 SR5 on Windows 10 I get the error like below.

I tried installing with compatibility to windows 7 as well but still did not work.

9 Replies
Kushal_Chawda
Author

Hi All, Any update on this?

kaushik.solankistalwar1cuv

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

After downloading the installer, right click on it and Unblock the file in the properties. Make sure you are running with a local administrator account and that the UAC is disabled (while not required for Desktop it helps specially during install and set up).

Kushal_Chawda
Author

mbaeyens‌ Thanks for your response. I will try this and let you know.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sorry No Idea about it. Will try and let you know.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Kushal_Chawda
Author

mbaeyens  I don't see any unblock option when I checked in properties on right clicking. However, I tried installing it by disabling UAC but it did not work. Can you please help me out?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I'm afraid I can't. That is actually not an error, but the window dialog that opens if you execute msiexec.exe instead of the installer itself, which is a msi package. It looks like for some reason it's not taking the parameters to run msiexec on the QlikView Desktop MSI.

You can try and install a previous version and if it works, contact Qlik Support so they can tell you about the SR5 installer. If it doesn't, you will have to check with your IT Helpdesk why you cannot install software in that computer.

Also, make sure you are installing from a local drive, not mapped, and that your profile folders are in local folders, not roaming profiles in network locations. The extraction of the MSI happens normally to your AppData folder in your user profile folder. If this folder cannot be reached or it is on a different location, this error may show up.

If this is the case, you will need to provide the installer to IT so they can extract the MSI and install via group policy, if you cannot do it yourself, of course.

EDIT: Permissions could also be involved, if the account you use to run the installer does not have access to the temp folders required to install the product. To see which temp folders you have, run CMD and execute SET, you will see TEMP, TMP or both, perhaps more. The account must have write access to all those folders.

Kushal_Chawda
Author

Hi,

I am installing it on my personal laptop. Is there anything wrong? I checked all the systems requirements and that is fine with my personal laptop.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

There is nothing wrong, that's why I'm suggesting to download and install again, or install a previous version, to see whether the issue could be in the installer.

I mentioned all the above because in some companies, the IT policies are tight and the users cannot install any software and not even have access to some folders in their own profiles. This lack of permissions causes that window to appear.

KevinR
Contributor
Contributor

This article from the support portal solved the exact same problem I was having installing the November 2018 version of Personal Edition: When Installing QlikView Developer The Windows Installer Is Unable To Locate The QlikView.msi File