Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Desktop Version 10.00.8811.6 SR - Crash when editing groups

Hello,

Everytime I try to create a new group using the QlikView Desktop Version, QV simply crashes and gives no response, leaving me no chance to restart the application.

The problem is that I can't set up any groups for the data, leaving me with a handicap for some graphs I wanted to do.

Thank you for you help,

Best regards,

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am also having a similar issue with this, I am running the latest release, Qlikview v10 SR1 (standard 32-bit installation). The qlikview version number is 10.00.8811.6.

I have just tested this same problem on a laptop with a 64 bit install and it seems to be happening on there too.

I have just created a new file and tested it on that, along with some of the pre-defined qlikview demos and they also experience the same issue, indicating that it might be the software version that is the issue.

Just testing out a different install (v10 IR) to start with, then may try a version 9 install to see if that solves the issue. Looks like a bug though.

Cheers,

Paul Dutton

saxjonas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I've seen this bug confirmed by more people, I'm experiencing it as well.
The bug is in the SR1 of QV10 as the IR does not seem to be affected.

Not applicable
Author

Just for reference, I have tested my file on the v10 IR release, version number 10.00.8715.5 and I now have no issues with that. Must be a bug or something.

I will try and raise it as a bug if it has not already been raised.

Cheers,

Paul Dutton

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have also found SR1 to be too buggy to roll out. We're waiting to see what SR2 looks like.

Not applicable
Author

Version 10.00.8811.6 SR1 x64.

I found that creating a Drill Down group within a the Dimensions-tab in a Chart works fine. Creating a Cyclic Group from the same location does NOT work, and creates the same crash.

However, if you edit your groups from the Document Properties (Ctrl-Alt-D, or Settings/Document Properties ), and use the Groups Tab, you can create either type of group without the aforementioned crash.

saxjonas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thanks for the tip bkreitman!! Awesome work-around 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Have just come across this, and have a small model ready to send in which demonstrates the problem. Is there any proof that Qliktech have this listed as a bug to fix? Would be useful to have some confirmation on this thread and others.

Agree that SR1 is a bit buggy...

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello everyone,

An update was recently released which addressed this issue. Details about this can be found here.

/Sonja

@QlikTech Support

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
Not applicable
Author

hi, I Solve with an explication by Brian Kreitman , it works don't crash.

I try to found a link to download a update but it's not accesible yet!... somebody tell me that is possible in release SR2

Thanks