Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Freezes when edit script

Hi

I am having trouble at a client site where I am unable to start the script editor. Whenever I try (Ctrl E, or File, Edit Script or click on the icon), QlikView just freezes. The only thing I can do is end the application in Task Manager.

The problem also happens even if I create a brand new document and try to create a script.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling QlikView but no change. This is 32 bit v9 SR5 running on 64bit Windows Server 2008 R2. It has been operating fine until just the past few days. I am not aware of changes made on the server.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin Long

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Please clarify in what way the freeze occurs, is the main QV window stating not responding or being greyed out in any way? If everything looks normal my best guess is that the editor window for some reason might be placed outside of your screen. In such case you could try finding the editor window edge at the edges of your screen and then drag it back on the visible area of your screen.

You can also try to reset the window position, by removing the current position in the Windows Registry. Before you execute the registry editing, please close down the QV application. To reset the position simply remove the WindowsPos folder at the path specified below.

Regedit.exe > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > QlikTech > Qlikview > WindowsPos

In general it would also be advisable that you upgrade your QV to a 64 bit edition of QV9 SR7, and especially if the positioning is not the resolution to your case.

http://download.qlik.com

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Please clarify in what way the freeze occurs, is the main QV window stating not responding or being greyed out in any way? If everything looks normal my best guess is that the editor window for some reason might be placed outside of your screen. In such case you could try finding the editor window edge at the edges of your screen and then drag it back on the visible area of your screen.

You can also try to reset the window position, by removing the current position in the Windows Registry. Before you execute the registry editing, please close down the QV application. To reset the position simply remove the WindowsPos folder at the path specified below.

Regedit.exe > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > QlikTech > Qlikview > WindowsPos

In general it would also be advisable that you upgrade your QV to a 64 bit edition of QV9 SR7, and especially if the positioning is not the resolution to your case.

http://download.qlik.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi Toni

Thanks for your reply - you've saved me a lot of frustration.

When I tried to start the script editor the main QlikView window lost focus (top bar turned grey) and would not respond to any mouse clicks. There was no evidence that the script window had opened.

I did as you suggested and deleted the registry Windowpos folder. Restarted QlikView and my problem was resolved. It would seem that the script editor window must have been positioned behind the QlikView window instead of in front.

Thanks

Kevin

Not applicable
Author

Hi Toni,

I dont see WindowsPos folder under QlikView folder.

Below are the folders we have in the registry.

QlikView

-- ConnectionsMRU

-- LeasedLicenseMRU

-- Toolbar 7

-- State

-- State-Bar0

-- State-Bar6

-- State-Controls

-- State-DockBar0

-- State-DockBar3

-- State-Options

-- State-Summary

Thanks

LynLuyt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I am having the same problem and I also can't find a WindowsPos in the registry. I know this post is very old, so perhaps there is a different solution.

I am getting this when I remote into the server. It has happened to me twice today alone - today it wasn't in the script, it was while I was in the properties box editing a chart.

I would really appreciate help.

NEHAPARDESHI
Contributor II
Contributor II

SAME  issue i am facing freezing while edit script

LynLuyt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Nehapardeshi

I have had it a number of times and also couldn't find the entry in the registry. I'm just careful when I'm using Qlikview that I don't drag a window out of view, by mistake. When it does happen, I have to kill that job in Task Manager, but obviously, your changes will then be lost. I'm on the April 2020 release, version 12.50.20000.0 and it doesn't seem to happen much anymore. In fact I can't remember when last it happened.