Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Personal Edition

Hi,

In QV Personal Edition, when I open some sample.qvw files it throws an following error. Please help me.

Access Denied.

The file was created by a licensed QV user and since you are using a QV Personal Edition you may not open this file.

Thanks in advance,

Murugavel.

37 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can someone help with this same issue? I am using the Qlikview Personal Edition version 11.00.11282.0 SR1.  I have created a document/file that only I use for testing and to see what Qlikview can display.  I am not a licensed user but yet the error indicates that the file was created by a licensed user....which I am not but I did create this document/file using the personal edition of Qlikview .  I am now getting an Access Denied on my document.  I am the only person that has modifed this document because it exists only on my laptop.  I have opened this document for the last 2 weeks but now can't. 

Can someone offer some suggestions? 

Thanks!   

Not applicable
Author

Can someone help with this same issue? I am using the Qlikview Personal Edition version 11.00.11282.0 SR1.  I have created a document/file that only I use for testing and to see what Qlikview can display.  I am not a licensed user but yet the error indicates that the file was created by a licensed user....which I am not but I did create this document/file using the personal edition of Qlikview .  I am now getting an Access Denied on my document.  I am the only person that has modifed this document because it exists only on my laptop.  I have opened this document for the last 2 weeks but now can't. 

Can someone offer some suggestions? 

Thanks!   

eleni_theodorid
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Please let meknow about that asap. I am facing the same problem with QV11 SR2.

ljackson
Creator
Creator

I also have the same problem.  Did anyone find a solution?

Not applicable
Author

I'm having this issue now, too. Any solution yet?

ljackson
Creator
Creator

I didn't find a 'proper' solution.  I had our adminstrator upgrade my permissions to a full user, this allowed me access.

Not applicable
Author

I called the QlikView Concierge and they said this is a known bug. Deleting project folders fixed the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

this just happened to me in PE version 11.   when I first created the project it created a folder.  I later saved it to a different location.  So when I double clicked on the .qvw file it couldn't find the .xml docs and returned with this error.   I simply moved the file back into the folder and it worked.