Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Personal Edition

Hi,

In QV Personal Edition, when I open some sample.qvw files it throws an following error. Please help me.

Access Denied.

The file was created by a licensed QV user and since you are using a QV Personal Edition you may not open this file.

Thanks in advance,

Murugavel.

37 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jason.

I will do it .

Philippe

Not applicable
Author

I have the following problem.

I am using the Personal Edition version.

I create a new file and saved. When I open the file again the following message appears "Keylength has reached its maximum" and not open the file, this happens with all files.

What can be?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Have you been asked to do a recovery of the file before this message came up?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, but to another file. Now all that I create this message appears.

Not applicable
Author

The message means that you have made recoveries too many times. And a recovery is not something you do on a single file. A recovery affects all the files you have created with Personal Edition and you are only allowed to make a recovery four times.

Here is a description that can be found in the QlikView 9 release notes:

Technically, every QlikView document is now saved with
a user key - information tied to the user and the computer.
A QlikView Server or a user of a full edition QlikView
(a purchased license) can open any file, but a user of
QlikView Personal Edition can only open files with the
correct user key.

Should you change computers, you will not be able to
open your old documents with QlikView Personal Edition.
However, you will be asked to recover your files instead.
The difference is that a new user key is generated and used
for subsequent files. QlikView will accept four (4) user key
changes.

I admit that this could be communicated better to the user. Normally, the recovery feature should not be used, unless you have to move your Personal Edition files to a new (or upgraded) computer.

Anyway, It is always possible to open personal edition files with a full licensed QlikView Developer.

Not applicable
Author

hi can any one provide the sample questions for qlikview professional certification programe.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

A couple of times, I've had QV crashing (probably due to unhandy programming). If I close the program the 'hard' way through the Task manager and try to open it again, it shows the same message. So I use one of those four times I can use the recovery feature. \

Is there any way to NOT having to use the recovery feature after a crash? Because it will happen to me more than four times, and then I can't reach my own QV files (made with this Personal Edition) anymore...

Thanks!

Gjalt

Not applicable
Author

Gjalt, would please describe your problem in detail. This is something we would like to investigate.

Maybe you can attach an application with a script that crashes QlikView (so we more easily can reproduce your problem)...

Not applicable
Author

Hmmm, it seems I can't include a file. If I try to do so through the options tab and include a .qvw file a get a "maximum request length exceeded"-message:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Maximum request length exceeded.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Maximum request length exceeded.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Maximum request length exceeded.] System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent() +11134167 System.Web.HttpRequest.GetMultipartContent() +72 System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection() +245 System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() +119 System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() +11065799 System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull) +124 System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() +83 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +270

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

---------------------

For the rest of the problem:

-----------------------

The code seems pretty straight forward to me, but sometimes it crashes when you try a reload, straight out of the main screen. Then when I try a reload from the debugging screen, it doesn't give me any problems....

But in general when it crashes, does it need to 'use' one of the recovery attempts? Or does nobody ever have a QV crash but me?

Thanks,

Gjalt

Not applicable
Author

Gjalt,

I don't know why the forum server doesn't accept your file. Is it very large maybe? If this issue is script related, then maybe you can paste your script in a text file and attach? Then I can just create a qvw file with your script.

Unfortunately, QV crashes somtimes, but not too often i hope! Tongue Tied

And no, you should not need any recovery attempts if everything had worked properly. The recovery is an operation that I really don't encourage people to do unless you really change to a new computer. We know that the recovery feature is too easy to misunderstand and we will fix that in a future release. So, simply, do never use it. All your qvw files may become unusable if you do this too often.