Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ppereria
Contributor
Contributor

QlikView Section Access - Tab show/hide based on a condition

QlikView - Section Access - Restrict data as well as maintain sheet Show hide

Hi All,

I have to develop 2 part of Section Access - One based on Data restrict data, and the other show hide the tab based on logged in User.

Section Access restricting data is working fine.

I am unable to develop Tab show hide - What I want to do is -

1. if user is admin - he should see all the city data and view all the tabs too - Tab names Tab1, Tab2, Tab3, Tab4.

2. if user has access to one city like London - Dashboard to show up only London data but should also restrict showing 2 tabs out of 4 - say tab3 and tab 4 should be hidden.

3. if user has access to 2 cities like London and Chicago, then user should see data pertaining to these too, but should also restrict showing tab3 and tab 4

Currently even an admin when selects a particular city QV is hiding the 2 tabs. Which it should not, no matter what I click all the tabs should be visible.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
saminea_ANZ
Creator
Creator

What is there in the tabs? Does it holds reports with data?

ppereria
Contributor
Contributor
Author

yes, it holds data. This should be viewed only by admin.

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

you can create a Section Access table like this,

SA_UserDataLevelTab 1Tab 2Tab 3
Admin****
User1Reg 1100
User2Reg 2001
User3Reg 3010

Above table will define, who gets to see what. Under tab fields, 0 means user will not have access that area. 

In UI at Sheet level  or object level layout condition:

Tab 1<>1 for tab 1 ... similarly for others.

Hope this will work.

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is a link I have left on a few other posts now from the Design Blog area by Henric Cronstrom, there are additional blog post links at the bottom of that post with information on related topics, which may help you get things sorted out.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.