Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fatihsahin
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

QlikView Test and Productive Environment -Publisher

Hello,

assuming you have Test and Productive environment for QlikView and you are using for QlikView Publisher to promote the apps.

Do you also need a Publisher license for both environments  or is it enough to have the license only for the Productive environment?

Thanks and Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

Do you also need a Publisher license for both environments  or is it enough to have the license only for the Productive environment? --tht's upto you.

you want to test on publisher test environment before to do the same activity on publisher prod environment,u need both.

what i personal believe,there is no need publisher test environment,whatever the work you have to do on publisher prod environment.

if you want both,u have to buy license keys for test and prod of publisher individually.

hope this clears,your queries.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
MarcoWedel

You need one produktive and one test licence.

fatihsahin
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Marco,

thanks for the Info.

Is there additional fees for the test license of the Publisher or do you get it automatically when purchasing a puiblisher license?

Regards

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It is actually up to you to decide. Nothing license wise demand that you have exactly the same configuration in your test environment as the production environment. Many customers though prefers to have everything replicated to make the test as complete as possible.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The test licenses are lower priced for both Server and for Publisher. No test-licenses are included but has to be purchased individually.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

AFAIK the story is as follows:

• You'll need a SBE/EE edition Server license (add cost of selected CAL types and quantities)
  • You'll need a SBE/EE edition Test Server license (fixed cost, includes same amount of CALs, no license lease)
  • You'll need a single Publisher license if you don't want a clustered distribution. You can install this Publisher in the test server as well.

I've never heard of Publsher test licenses, only of additional licenses for clustering.

Peter

fatihsahin
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Peter,

thanks for your input but to be honest right now I am a little bit confused based on the previous answers.

According to the official QlikView price list there is something like a Test Publisher Server.

Regards

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well Qlik (the Qlik Office in Norway) told me that even the Publisher has to be licensed as a test license.I think they mentioned that it was half-price compared to the production license.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

Do you also need a Publisher license for both environments  or is it enough to have the license only for the Productive environment? --tht's upto you.

you want to test on publisher test environment before to do the same activity on publisher prod environment,u need both.

what i personal believe,there is no need publisher test environment,whatever the work you have to do on publisher prod environment.

if you want both,u have to buy license keys for test and prod of publisher individually.

hope this clears,your queries.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I'm sorry, you're both right. This has been changed in the April 2015 price list. Before that, Publisher test licenses didn't exist. Good thing that they follow the same half-price policy.

P.