Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView and Outlook/Lync

Has anyone worked with integrating Outlook/Lync in QlikView. For example, what I am trying to achieve is, say there is a field with Full Name as John Smith. So, I need to know if there is a way in QlikView to show "John Smith" information from Outlook/Lync when I hover over his name in the QV Chart. I know we can add help text to show when hovering over but am not aware of any mechanism to dynamically pull in the data from Outlook.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi. Why of Outlook? MS Exchange (Outlook) does not store data itself, the data in AD. I advise you to look at examples of VBScripts, how to download the required data in QV. And display them when the mouse cursor.

And you do not need to pull data dynamically. It is desirable to download to your QVW or QVD ship by creating a directory of staff and some personal data that will be displayed by pointing the cursor (phone, post, e-mail, etc.). Just say I can not help further, I described my thoughts and solution to the problem.

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

You can exports all email from Outlook into a txt file and then import that text file into Qlikview

you can find a video on Youtube that may help

Qlikview How to Import MS Outlook into Qlikview Part 1 by RFB 95