Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anguila
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QlikView app to analyse Uber Data

Have you ever wondered how much you spent so far in Uber? What would it look like to overlap all your trips? The impact of the fare surges in your final charged price? With whom did you split more trips? Your trend usage or hourly usage pattern? I'm sure you did. And I did too That's why I created this App.

Well, to be honest, all started in a pub. As many good stories.. I was chatting around with some friends, complaining about me always going to their area instead of finding a middle point. They said that's not true.. I was unable to prove it back at those days, not anymore..

GitHub - anguila/qvUberDashboard: QlikView App to analyse your own Uber data to detect trends, patte...

Note: This app is for reference and personal purposes only.

I hope you enjoy!

Screenshots:

login.png

main.png

main-2.png

detail.png

David,

20 Replies
cclayford
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I only have one page of information, so the arrow at the bottom is grayed out:

Untitled.png

anguila
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

I just uploaded a bug fix that should solve that issue in https://github.com/anguila/qvUberDashboard

You have to download the .qvw file, and the extractor extractor/app.js to fix this issue.

Also, I added a log system in the extractor, which is read by the app too. So if there's any error in the extraction, an icon is shown in the main Login page (Qlikview app_, and once you click on it, you can see all the details.

That will help, if there's something unexpected..

Let me know if if works now, or if you have any other issue.

Thanks for the feedback!

cclayford
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thanks for the great update! It works now

cclayford
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I Think the next update should be to make it work via Access Point on the server

Not applicable

Hi, I'm trying to get this app to work but am getting an error when trying to log-in and load the data from Uber.

I think I've installed everything successfully, I've tried just running the Node.JS from the command line, and am getting a Cannot read 'Parent' property, any suggestions please???

Extractor_Error.PNG

anguila
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Did you try to run 'npm install' in the \extractor folder?

Looks like is  something wrong with your cheerio version.

Also, I'd recommend you to download the latest version of the app in: GitHub - anguila/qvUberDashboard: QlikView App to analyse your own Uber data to detect trends, patte...

As I added a logging system which might help you to identify some issues.

Kind regards,

Not applicable

Hi, yes I did run the 'npn install' in extractor folder and I only downloaded the files from GitHub today so I assume it should be up to date.

I should mention that I don't have any trips in Uber as yet so was just testing the log-in but I believe in the latest version it should cope with this unless I've misunderstood???

Many thanks!

anguila
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Is still the issue going on? I realized it was an issue with the Uber servers at end of may, now should work fine.

Actually, if you doesn't have any data, an error should prompt saying so.. (Not a nodejs exception.

Kind regards,

mohsinqlik
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi David,

I have checked my user d id and password by logging in to uber website and it is working.

But when in i am using the same credential in dashboard i am getting authentication error.login error.png

jptneumann
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi David/Mohsin,

I receive the same Mohsin error. Probably the Uber login page was changes since 2016 and the code need to be adjusted....