Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView application is not reading data from SQL Server 2005 views (only returns empty records)

Hi All,

I have this weird issue with one of the QV applications we run in office.

Background info:

This QV file sits on the network. The file connects to a SQL Server 2005 which sits on Windows server 2003. The file connects to the SQL Server DB via OLE DB using Windows authentication.

If I run the file from my machine it runs perfectly OK and I can see the number of lines fetched in the dialog box. But if I access same file from the dummy machine which has a different network username and reload, my tables become greyed out (i.e. no data retrieved) and it says 0 lines fetched in dialogue box.

To provide some further insight, when I click select under Database section on the editor window (ctrl + e), I can see all views and tables OK. Moreover, I can extract some views perfectly fine but cant extract others that I have created in SQL Server 2005 DB and for example have joins or where statements. My profile and the dummy machine's profile are part of the same group in server. Furthermore, the same machine used to run those extracts fine in the past but stopped/failed all of a sudden.

I hope, I explained the symptoms clearly but would provide additional info if required.

Has anyone out there faced same problem before?

Thanks in advance.

A

0 Replies