Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView freezes when trying Binary Load

I have a document that I am converting to a Binary Load.

I've taken a copy of it, and restricted its load to everything prior to the current year.  I then have a second copy with only this year onwards.

In the second file, I binary load in the first one.

The problem I encounter is that when I get to the end of the load sequence, qlikview just freezes.  It says load completed, but the load screen doesn't close.  If I click End Here, nothing happens, and Abort will cancel out, but locks up QlikView.

Has anybody encountered something like this before?

5 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hello,

it seems to that QlikView is still calculation.

Are you only do a binary or you load other fields after the binary statement?

Not applicable
Author

I load extra data.

Essentially it is a single QV document, however since the data from all previous financial years does not change much, I have segregated that into a seperate file.  It is the same file, however its SQL SELECT part has been restricted to only pull data from 30/06/2011 backwards, this file is my source file. 

The second file, which binary loads this source file, has the exact same script, however it also loads all data from 01/07/2011 onwards.  This is the final file.

When I reload the final file, it works fine, until it gets to the end of the reload process, at which point it hangs.

If I do a debug, it gets to the end, but doesn't let me close the box, similar to the standard reload process.  The debug does not show any errors.

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

So load the binary file with 1 dataset,

additional the second file with 1 dataset to analyze the data model.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I had a similar problem, I solved by using a fact table for the QVD and than concatenate it in mamory, more upload decode data tables.

Perhaps Qlik fails to make the implicit conactenate of all tables in a binary upload.

Not applicable
Author

If I remove the binary load, then both files load fine.. its when I add the binary load that it doesn't work.