Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

hansdevr
Contributor III

Re: QlikView rejects changes after saving work

Hi Marcus, I agree.  A collegue had the very same problem more than a year ago (I had a hard time believing him..), and this was far before any major update.

I'll let it rest for now. Everyone a warm thank you for your suggestions.

Support
Support

Hey guys, may be a stupid suggestion, but I wanted to throw it out there, you have the option of setting autosave in the Desktop client under Settings\User Preferences and the Save tab, so I think that would do two things here, keep things saved as you go, and alert you if someone else may have gotten into the app as if the autosave fails at some point, you then know something has happened on the disk copy.  You should be able to do a SaveAs in this situation so you do not lose your work as well, the trick is having to compare files at that point to see if you can just overwrite or if someone did change something etc.  Hopefully this may help a bit.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.

Would you be able to post a video of this behavior?  What version of Qlikview Desktop are you using?  Do any of your colleagues experience this issue on their machines?

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
Jagsfan82
New Contributor III

@hansdevr wrote:

Hi Marcus,

I rather like your suggestion to create copies through user settings. Although: This morning QV reverted to an older situation WITHOUT saving or (re)loading, so I still suspect the cause to be QV...

I just saw a short blink on the screen and I got the old situation back (from an hour before).

This just happened to me and I'm pretty annoyed by it.  And the system backup got updated to the same state.  

Highlighted
hansdevr
Contributor III

We just have upgraded to enterprise version 12, april 2019.

I'm sorry to say we just experienced the same problem twice with this new version, although we now have detected that the problem occurs mostly when using Ctrl+S. When clicking the diskette icon, there is no problem with saving your work.

It's not possible to record a video of it, because it doesn't ALWAYS happen. But we do know now, that when using Ctrl+S it happens most frequently.

We do think this is a bug.

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Like above indicated I doubt that's really related to Qlik because saving a file through the OS within the file-storage (Qlik like the most other tools doesn't do it directly else they use windows *.dll's and/or transfer these tasks to the OS) means that the file is stored at this point.

If you could exclude that any other user has opened the file in parallel and stored it again after you stored your changes - the reason for the rejects must be your storage (it might be only cached and not physically stored and if the queque of storing-tasks is disrupt in any way it might fail - I know many of such cases from our excel users which close their laptop before the saving is finished and often it cut the network-connection, also the quarantine feature of any security tools could cause trouble ... probably there are far more possibilities which might prevent a successful storing). And then of course could there be various measures applied (with external tools and from the OS which restore the filesystem or parts of it to certain moment).

- Marcus

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Interesting - but doesn't come then a popup by closing the application that there are unsaved changes?

Beside this it might be related to your (corrupt) keyboard and/or there are any keys configurred in an unusual way (maybe only related if a certain tool runs in parallel). But like above mentioned closing the application unsaved should return a warning message.

- Marcus