Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Qlikview 11 - x86 or 64 ?

Im currently considering an update to QV11.

While comparing v9.0 to v11, there are some improvements (bugs of 9 and especcialy 10 resolved, some new bugs).

v11 now uses hyperthreading properly  on the dev machines, so its a bit faster than v9.

Are there some differences between the x86 and the 64 bit version of QV11 ?

In the past, there occured some major problems (straight failures, wrong results, inaccuracys etc.) when using certain expressions on 64bit versions.

Thanks for your Feedback in Advance.

Alex

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bgarland
Contributor III

The biggest difference is the amount of RAM that can be used. If you are not using 64-bit you are going to be severly limited.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778(v=vs.85).aspx

3 Replies
Not applicable

there's no different beside of the architecture(x86 or x64) it self. I can tell you this because I also using QlikView for a long time since version 7.

V11 offers some new great features.

bgarland
Contributor III

The biggest difference is the amount of RAM that can be used. If you are not using 64-bit you are going to be severly limited.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778(v=vs.85).aspx

Not applicable

at the moment, QV 9/11 x86 is running on Windows7 64bit Machines.

@bgarland, thanks for the link

I was not aware, that the 32bit programs could not use the whole ram which is provided by win7 64.

32bit software on x64 OS

4 (2) GB with IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE set

8 TB IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE set

so, it will be QV11 x64 this time. but i will compare them (32 and 64) closely to make shure there are no bugs in the 64 Version (like in 10 and especially in 9).