Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Analyzer Without Server/Enterprise

Hello -

I hope someone can help me with this. Is it possible for an Analyzer version to open up a Qlikview Document without using the Server/Enterprise version?

What I'm trying to do is develop a Qlikview Document, but deploy to end-users only as Analyzer-level so they can just view the document but not do any Professional-level development. We would like to do this without any Server/Enterprise version.

Thanks

-Mike

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Here's a reload example that you can use:

"C:\Program\QlikView\Qv.exe" -r "C:\SIB_Test\NameOfFile.qvw"

Just create a .bat file with that command line and change the path and filename to your needs. You can schedule the .bat file with Task Scheduler and do scheduled reloads.

The only problem as I see it is multiple persons working on the same document but that can be solved by making mutliple copies in the script. The you just have the users access the QV-file via a share or maybe RDP in to a server with the documents. When you scale to more than maybe 3 users I'd suggest looking into Qlikview Server Small business edition as the maintenance of the initial setup will create a lot of work.

The Analyzer and Analyzer+ are the same product now.

Not applicable
Author

I've spoken with Qliktech and a number of you are right, Oleg, Gordon, and Jay.

Analyzer + is intended to only work with viewing local documents via the windows client. This type of version has now been disbanded(being confirmed by a sales person at Qliktech).

The regular Analyzer license is for users to view documents via the web (through the plugin) but also has the ability to view local documents through the windows client (when the User CAL is borrowed from the Server).

Sales Person at Qliktech acknowledged this is confusing, but is 99% sure this is the case. He is confirming that the Analyzer + is no longer available and will get back to me.

Thanks everybody for your help.

-Mike

Not applicable
Author

From my experience, QlikTech staff is very confused about the names of their products. As for the Analyzer+ product, I bought several licences of this so called "abandoned product" three weeks ago, so I don't think it's completely abandoned... maybe half, maybe only sometimes? 😉

Not applicable
Author

Yes it turns out that Analyzer + is not completely abandoned because I was told by QT that we can still obtain those licenses for our solution.

However I have just verified the regular Analyzer (User CAL) version will only work with the Fat Client, if connected to a Server (every 2 weeks or so). So if you needed to just use the Fat Client on its own, then the Analyzer + version would be the way to go. The Analyzer license borrowed from the server will work with the Fat Client but still needs a connection to the Server.