Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Batch File run but failed to get refreshed data

Hi,

I scheduled a batch file every 5 minutes with the below code using some simple data, but batch file ran at the scheduled timing but dashboard shows old data when I opened.

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /R "E:\Qlikview\Qlikview Batch File\Source\Batch File Test Qlikview.qvw" 

copy "E:\Qlikview\Qlikview Batch File\Source\Batch File Test Qlikview.qvw" "E:\Qlikview\Qlikview Batch File\Destination\"

Exit

And I am not sure once batch file run, will qvw file goes to destination path where I defined or do I need to check source path only?

And I have used reloadtime() in the dashboard but that still shows the old reload time only, not sure why?

Can any pls let me know where I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps the reload failed. Did you check the log file? Or didn't you enable the generate logfile option in the document properties first?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I have enabled log file, but not sure where to check?

Thanks,

Gysbert_Wassenaar

In the same place as the where the qlikview .qvw file is stored. There'll be a file with the same name as the .qvw file with .log appended.

Not applicable
Author

It looks its executed correctly, not sure where is the wrong in my batch file code?

Thanks,

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Check that the reloaded file was actually copied to the location where you expect it. And make sure to close the document in Qlikview before opening the reloaded copy.

Not applicable
Author

I did the same way, but when I do manual running batch file the file is updating at the same source location, ofcourse I use the destination is the same source location.

When I to scheduling dashboard is not refreshing.

Thanks,

Gysbert_Wassenaar

What are you using to schedule the execution of the batch file? Windows Scheduled Tasks? If so have you checked the event log files for error messages concerning the scheduled task for your batch file?

Not applicable
Author

I am using Task Scheduler only and I have enabled log file as well, can you please any sample file and the process.

Appreciated you much support.

Thanks,